The Haliburton Highlands offer 4 seasons of awesome outdoor adventure and
we're well located to provide you with easy access to all of it.
We are ATV vacation friendly (all-terrain vehicle) here at the Red Umbrella Inn. Close to 300 km of crown land trails and over 1700 km of HATVA Ontario ATV trails supported by the Haliburton ATV Association. Lots of parking on resort for trailers and ATVs, sorry no riding on resort grounds unless in parking lots. You can ride the side of the highway 35 or trailer your machines to the trails. (Approx. 10 minute ride). Ready to plan your next big Haliburton ATVing adventure getaway then give the Haliburton Highlands a try, all levels - beginners to expert.
Support from the Haliburton ATV Association
The HATV Association promotes responsible ATV'ing in Haliburton...
- Ride on private and crown land - spring, summer and fall.
- Rugged terrain and scenic natural wildness makes the region ideal for your ATV'ing Haliburton adventure.
- Association was formed so that ATV enthusiasts can enjoy the beauty of area trails.
- One of the associations mandates is to work closely with the local snowmobile club that dedicates much effort to maintaining trails.
- Enjoy 1700 km of HATVA Ontario trails.
- Trails are signed, mapped and insured for HATVA, KATVA and ATVO Power Pass pass holders - Beginner, expert and intermediate trails.
- Ontario ATVing Search & Rescue involvement.
- Covering Haliburton, Kawartha, Madawaska, North Muskoka and Almagian Highlands regions.
- Full slate of ATV events and rides.
- HATVA Association does not operate on any snowmobile trails when winter grooming begins.
- Snowmobile trails on private land are not open to ATV's at any time.
- All Municipal Roads in Haliburton County are open for ATV use, subject to the Highway Traffic Act.
- Passes can be purchased at Northland Marine in Carnarvon & Haliburton County Information Centre in Minden.
This winter the Red Umbrella Inn offers winterized housekeeping cottages, cabins and a meal plan to allow you more enjoyment on the regional trails and nearby slopes. We welcome snowmobilers from all over North America to enjoy their snowmobiling in Ontario with the enormous Haliburton tourism resource that our region offers.
Have fun on the hundreds of miles of groomed OFSC snowmobile trails for you to explore and discover on your winter holidays.
The Haliburton Snowmobile Association is your guide for snowmobiling in the Haliburton Highlands with Trail #15 is close by. Snowmobile rentals are available in the area. Trailer parking on site. For detailed snowmobile holiday break information and Haliburton Ont map of trails click here - Snowmobiling in Canada.
2 persons snowmobile - 2 days
(Saturday @ 9am to Sunday @ 4pm)
- Safety instructions
- Gear (helmets, jacket, pants, gloves, neck warmer) valued @ $142.00
- trail map
- trail pass (valued @ $100)
- Full tank of supreme gas and oil (Note: rented machine to be filled upon return by lessee)
One of our first additions here at the Red Umbrella as new owners was the installation of a new hi-tech Pipefusion floating dock system. We can now accommodate 18 boats, whether you're staying here and have brought your own or you're a local cottager coming by boat for Sunday Brunch or an evening ice cream in the summer.
We're very proud of our new docks and invite you to come check them out. You can also visit Pipefusion's website (www.pipefusion.com/flotation/) to see this cool new technology.
We offer heated ice hut rentals just offshore from the inn during the winter months for easy access to excellent ice fishing. Then, when the day is done, come visit our licensed lounge with big screen satellite TV for some hot eats to warm you up.